

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

2011-2012 #46

January 5, 2012

2:00 pm

ATTENDANCE:	Rory Tighe	<i>President</i>
	Andy Cheema	<i>Vice President (Operations & Finance)</i>
	Emerson Csorba	<i>Vice President (Academic)</i>
	Colten Yamagishi	<i>Vice President (Student Life)</i>
	Farid Iskandar	<i>Vice President (External)</i>
	Marc Dumouchel	<i>General Manager</i>
	Zdena Fiala	<i>Administrative Assistant to the Executives</i>
REGRETS:	n/a	
ABSENT:	n/a	

1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by TIGHE 2:05 pm.

2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: **5/0/0 CARRIED**

3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Tabled until next meeting.

4. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Tighe: Welcome back everyone.

Iskandar: I will be going to Ottawa next week.

5. ACTION ITEMS: Reviewed and updated.

6. STUDENTS' COUNCIL: Tighe: Our goals update will be a presentation for Council.

Csorba: Can we do a real presentation?

Tighe: What do you want to do?

Csorba: Powerpoint?

Tighe: I don't think that would make sense, but if you really want to do that we can.

Yamagishi: I can make our presentation.

Tighe: We get less than five minutes each and we will need to leave room for questions.

Csorba: I would like to walk around during the presentation.

Yamagishi: We should all stand at the front this time.

Dumouchel: I think we need to make a note that next year this needs to be worked on sooner and it will need to be thought of as a presentation and not just a report.

Yamagishi: I can do something for our presentation this weekend.

Tighe: the written part is more important.

Csorba: With a powerpoint presentation we will need consistency.

Dumouchel: So you all want to do it differently?

Tighe: we are all allotted the same amount of time and I think we should do our own thing.

Csorba: If we do a powerpoint presentation we should run it by Jon.

Tighe: So you want to do a powerpoint presentation for sure?

Yamagishi: Yes.

Csorba: Yes.

Cheema: I am indifferent.

Tighe: Okay, we will do slides and I will send you a background for you to use for the presentation. After you have created four minutes of slides please send it to Jon.

7. OLD BUSINESS:

n/a

8. NEW BUSINESS:

a) Infolink Logo Approval

Hallie Brodie, Nigel Brachi, and Rachel White entered the room.

Brodie: I have brought each of you a copy of the new logos. They are all the same image but they are a different color. Rachel has put a lot of work into this and we would like to hear your feedback. The new logo is more modern and it will look better on different formats. It will be easily identifiable and adaptable for advertising. The current color for the Infolink logo is blue.

Dumouchel: Are these the exact colors?

White: Yes.

Csorba: So we need to choose just one?

Brachi: Yes.

The Executive Committee voted for the new Infolink logo.

TIGHE/CSORBA MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve the new bright green Infolink logo.

5/0/0 CARRIED

9. DISCUSSION PERIOD:

a) Functionality of SUB elevators

Csorba: When the elevators don't work students think it is our fault and they just do not work one hundred percent.

Dumouchel: We are number two on the fix it list with the U of A. There is also a new repair company that will be working on them. They should also be able to reprogram the elevators to be faster.

Csorba: It bothers me that it is the U of A that needs to fix them and it makes us look bad.

Tighe: Could we replace them?

Dumouchel: It would cost around a million dollars I think. The equipment is very old. I can double check on replacing them, I am not sure what is involved in that.

Tighe: The problem is RATT.

Csorba: Can people take stairs from the first floors?

Dumouchel: The door is locked at the top. If you are worried about how the SU looks make a sign and add the U of A logo and phone number on it. In the meantime I will talk to Margriet about what can be done. I will ask her about looking into new ones. Also we could add a referendum question as well.

b) Retreat

Tighe: Retreat will be tomorrow at 9:00am at Marc's place. It will go until 4:00 or 5:00pm.

Dumouchel: we will have a lunch break when Rory has to leave to give a speech.

Tighe: Please send me any points you have for the meeting and I will make an agenda.

c) Survey Results

Cheema: What do we want to do in regards to communicating the Survey results? Should we present them to Council?

Iskandar: What has been done in the previous years?

Tighe: I think we should get advocacy to do a report on this one and the last few ones and publish them as is. There are some negative things in the results but it's an accountability thing.

Dumouchel: There are a few questions we don't want to publish.

Cheema: I don't think we should publish the results until after the referendum they might be a bit biased.

Csorba: I think we should leave out the referendum questions and publish the rest.

Tighe: Maybe we should get an outside person to look at this.

d) CSL Presentation

Dumouchel: The people that are working on this and the Sustain Food Initiative want you guys to go and watch their presentations. They would also like it if you guys could attend one of their classes or attend a session. They are working on food labeling in SUB and looking into another farmer's market.

Tighe: Are they doing another farmer's market?

Dumouchel: I am not sure. Someone will be coming in to do labeling and nutritional value on food.

10. REPORTS:

- | | |
|----------------------------|--|
| a) President | <ul style="list-style-type: none">• Sustainability Assessment• Fall Reading Week• Non Instructional Fees |
| b) VP Academic | <ul style="list-style-type: none">• Wrote Graduate Student Attribute plan• Organizing Canadian round table for Academics• Tying up loose ends with the Under Grad Research Symposium |
| c) VP External | <ul style="list-style-type: none">• Readings for CASA |
| d) VP Operations & Finance | <ul style="list-style-type: none">• Budget principles for BFC |
| e) VP Student Life | <ul style="list-style-type: none">• Policy Committee• Dodgeball• Went on a microwave tour• Reading the code of student behavior• Providing feedback |
| f) General Manager | <ul style="list-style-type: none">• Senior managers meeting• SUB Renovations• PAW Center• Looking into expanding SUTV to the bookstore |

11. CLOSED SESSION:

12. ADJOURNMENT:

TIGHE/CSORBA adjourned at 3:15 pm.