

## EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

2010-2011 #66

April 11, 2011  
11:00 am

ATTENDANCE:	Nick Dehod	<i>President</i>
	Rory Tighe	<i>Vice President (Student Life)</i>
	Zach Fentiman	<i>Vice President (Operations &amp; Finance)</i>
	James Eastham	<i>Vice President (Academic)</i>
	Aden Murphy	<i>Vice President (External)</i>
	Marc Dumouchel	<i>General Manager</i>
REGRETS:	n/a	
ABSENT:	n/a	

1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by DEHOD at 11:13 am.
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: DEHOD/TIGHE MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve the April 11, 2011 agenda as tabled.  
**5/0/0 CARRIED**
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MURPHY/TIGHE MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve the April 7, 2011 minutes as tabled.  
**5/0/0 CARRIED**
4. ANNOUNCEMENTS: There are 5 executive meetings left.
5. ACTION ITEMS: Reviewed and updated.
6. STUDENTS' COUNCIL: There will be a meeting tonight at 5:00pm for the new councilors to learn about committees.  
  
Eastham: According to the Bylaw you have a have the first council meeting by May 7. So you can not move your meeting Rory.  
  
The Executive Committee discussed possible dates for the first council meeting and also discussed which presentations needed to be done at that meeting as well.
7. OLD BUSINESS n/a
8. NEW BUSINESS:
  - a) ECOS DEHOD/TIGHE MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve the ECOS redevelopment proposal with the exception of the name change to be completed by the end of the year.  
**5/0/0 CARRIED**

## 9. DISCUSSION PERIOD:

### a) Projects Allocation

Fentiman: Okay, so you guys wanted updates?

Dehod: Yes.

Fentiman: The projects allocation account has no more than \$25,000 in it and the Casino account has \$10,000 in it. That might be an underestimate. The amount that we must approve expenditures by will have to be \$5000.00 That would be seven projects at \$5000.00 each

Dehod: Let's brainstorm some ideas and see what we all think.

Eastham: Watches, finish the staff room, CoFA swag, a new desk for the VPA.

Fentiman: New reception furniture.

Tighe: I think we could use some of the projects allocation money for health week including the SubStage booking. I think we should hire a communications student to explore social media, help the street team and develop communications.

Murphy: That was my idea from before.

Dehod: I think we should finish the staff room, but I like all of this stuff. I would like to use some money to finish this hallway, get it framed. So I like the idea of using it for 2-900 décor. Possibly new desks.

Dumouchel: I think we should put money towards desks and refinishing them.

Tighe: What about legal expenses and RHA retreat.

Dumouchel: I would like to get a marketing company to come in and do finalization on templates that committees use. We could use money for the survey, buy a TV for the departure board or a smart board for the lower level meeting room. Also plug ins on the main floor would be nice.

Dehod: We had talked about a tower integrated booking system.

Dumouchel: What about iPads for committee recording secretaries.

Tighe: We could use a new laptop.

Dehod: Professional video equipment. Marc could you also talk to Margriet to see if the custodial staff room needs anything?

Fentiman: Kitchen upgrades at L'express are needed.

Dehod: We have talked about a lot and what out of these things do we think we need the most?

Eastham: CoFA.

Dehod: Federal election money.

Dumouchel: We could also contribute to the farmers market.

Dehod: Okay we need to prioritize.

Fentiman: Here is what I think. Reception furniture, staff room completion, kitchen area in 2-900, and painting the office.

Eastham: Here's what I think, in this order. Reception furniture, 2-900 décor, and the staff room.

Dumouchel: My comment about the painting is that we need to redo the walls and carpet. We should do something for up to \$10,000 for reception.

Dehod: So \$10,000.00-\$15,000.00 towards reception, a new SU sign up there, 2-900 décor, the staff room which includes a paint job, furniture, lighting, and pictures. The kitchen area needs to be redone with cabinets, cutlery and a new microwave. Someone will need to come up with a proposal for all of this.

Fentiman: I can help but I can not do it all by myself.

Eastham: I can do a bit, we should talk to Tracy about admin and reception.

Dehod: I can work on the 2-900 décor and history part.

## 10. REPORTS:

- |                            |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          |
|----------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| a) President               | <ul style="list-style-type: none"><li>• I have a test on Wednesday</li><li>• Infolink proposal, the letter Marc wrote looks good</li><li>• Preparing for my meeting with Carl</li><li>• Focusing on federal election and voting</li><li>• Transition with Rory</li></ul> |
| b) VP Academic             | <ul style="list-style-type: none"><li>• Transition with Emerson</li><li>• Top secret mission</li></ul>                                                                                                                                                                   |
| c) VP External             | <ul style="list-style-type: none"><li>• Candidate forum tomorrow, getting posters out today</li><li>• Met with Justin last week</li><li>• CASA stuff</li><li>• Transition with Farid</li><li>• Meeting with Farid and Duncan</li></ul>                                   |
| d) VP Operations & Finance | <ul style="list-style-type: none"><li>• Work on what we just discussed today</li></ul>                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| e) VP Student Life         | <ul style="list-style-type: none"><li>• School stuff</li><li>• UPASS Wednesday</li></ul>                                                                                                                                                                                 |

f) General Manager

- CUPE meeting

11. CLOSED SESSION:

12. ADJOURNMENT: Meeting adjourned at 12:10 pm.