

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

2010-2011 #48

January 10, 2011

11:30 am

ATTENDANCE:	Nick Dehod	<i>President</i>
	Zach Fentiman	<i>Vice President (Operations & Finance)</i>
	Rory Tighe	<i>Vice President (Student Life)</i>
	James Eastham	<i>Vice President (Academic)</i>
	Aden Murphy	<i>Vice President (External)</i>
	Marc Dumouchel	<i>General Manager</i>

REGRETS: n/a

ABSENT: n/a

1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by DEHOD at 11:46 am.

2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: EASTHAM/DEHOD MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve the January 10, 2011 agenda as tabled.

5/0/0 CARRIED

3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: FENTIMAN/EASTHAM MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve the December 13, 2010 minutes as tabled.

5/0/0 CARRIED

4. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Dehod: The first announcement is that the DRPA will not start for two weeks. I will be helping run that department in the meantime. I will do my best to do both positions. Please cc me on anything you need done for the next two weeks and please be clear about what it is you want done. The second announcement is that we will have a DRPA hired in the next two days. I am in the process of letting the other candidates know they did not get the position. We have hired Justin Williams, he will start on January 24. He is relocating from Ontario.

5. ACTION ITEMS: Reviewed and updated.

6. STUDENTS' COUNCIL:

a) Scope and mandate of SU and DFU's Eastham: I thought I would bring this to exec. The millennium referendum was rejected by the Bylaw Committee and there has been lots of discussion regarding the proposed fees. I said I would look into previous opinions about DFU's.

Eastham then explained the research he has been doing and what he has found out.

Dehod: When it comes to getting legal advice can we share it publically?

Eastham: Yes, as long as it is for Council.

Dumouchel: Unless it is stated that it is confidential.

Dehod: Okay that was my only question.

Eastham: I will finish the email I am working on by the end of the day.

Fentiman: Once you are done I will take it to the DFU task force. Thank you James for finding everything.

Dehod: who would like to stand on this committee?

Fentiman: I would.

b) Town Hall and Exec
Review Presentation

Dehod: The town hall meeting will take place on January 20th from 12-2pm. We will start advertising soon. We will be covering three main things. We will present our exec review, the strategic plan, and then there will be questions and then follow up. Is everyone okay with that? By the way there will be no power point presentation tomorrow we will just be going over the highlights of our reports. Everyone will get five minutes to talk about what you want to highlight.

7. OLD BUSINESS

n/a

8. NEW BUSINESS:

a) Project Allocation Beverage
Control System

Fentiman: It's called Bev Check. It will have good control for our product and improve margins. I don't know the numbers specifically but the request is for \$4000.00.

DEHOD/FENTIMAN MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve an expenditure not to exceed \$4000.00 for the purpose of purchasing Bev Check.

5/0/0 CARRIED

Tighe: Should PA have a policy for business upgrades?

Eastham: This is for budgeted expenses. The renos from RATT came out of PA.

Dumouchel: Good point.

Tighe: I thought PA was for projects this seems like there should be a reserve for capital things.

Dumouchel: Perhaps next year the policy will be under review. PA was designed to accomplish executive goals collectively. Something like Bev Check wouldn't have been anticipated.

- b) SGA Transition from DRPA to GM Eastham: Basically with Chris leaving we decided it was time to reevaluate the SGA position. It would be unfair for the new DRPA to try and understand this relationship. We have talked about this before at exec and the SGA will now report to the GM. It seemed like the best fit for right now and it will help the position grow into the way thought it would be.

Dumouchel: Has Amanda seen you regarding this?

Dehod: Does this require a change to her contract?

Dumouchel: Her job description does not say who she reports to.

Murphy: Good.

Fentiman: Is she okay with this?

Eastham: Yes it seems like it.

DEHOD/FENTIMAN MOVED THAT the executive committee authorize that the President and General Manager enter into necessary contractual arrangements in order to allow for the SGA to report to the GM.

5/0/0 CARRIED

9. DISCUSSION PERIOD:

- c) Involvement Week Tighe: Involvement week is the 12th-17th, the week after Antifreeze. I have invited you all to two events on iCal. They would like one of us to MC those events. Please let me know if anyone is interested in MCing or if you are not able to make it.
- Dehod: If you do the opening ceremonies I will do the closing ceremonies?
- Tighe: Great, I will send you the information.
- d) ECOS Tighe: Ian and Johanna are coming to exec on Wednesday to present on ECOS. That will be your opportunity to kibosh changes ECOS would like to make. They would like to expand to their definition of sustainability. Ian feels like ECOS already does this. He is not looking for ECOS to change projects he just wants ECOS to change it's mandate. Most of the changes are small ones, which includes a name change. Please read the information I have sent out to you and be prepared for Wednesday.
- Dumouchel: Dumouchel: There are a lot of good points but I keep hearing why doesn't the sustainability office take some of this on. Just make sure that you all take the time to go over this and be prepared before Wednesday. The changes we make with ECOS could have implications on the SU. I do not think this is just a name change situation.

e) Transition Package

Dehod: This came up in conversation this morning. When people get elected we should give them a portfolio. I think we should give them the goals document. As well as a document explaining this is what the SU is. I think each of us should add two items to read to give them a base level of expectation.

Tighe: If I email you guys will you write one page of what your position is, including what committees you sit on.

Everyone: Yes

Dehod: If you have any other thoughts about transition come see me. I will be working with Marc if you want to see a visual. Of course all the portfolios will be different. When we are finished we will report back to exec.

f) Peer Support Center

Tighe: The PSC is likely moving to the second floor and I was wondering if the costs are just something we are going to build into next years budget? What process would we use?

Fentiman: We will build it into our capital budget. There will be other things coming out so we can add it.

10. REPORTS:

a) President

- I will be working on the DRPA position
- Strategic plan
- Fall reading week
- Transition packages

b) VP Academic

- Looking into DFU stuff
- GFC today
- My document on undergraduate research is done
- Working on transition document for my position
- CLE Thursday

c) VP External

- CAUS meeting this week
- CASA is back on track
- Working on CASA committees
- Town hall on February 14

d) VP Operations & Finance

- Sent a draft for BFC budget process
- PAW center tomorrow
- Work with Peter on scheduling

e) VP Student Life

- Antifreeze is this week
- UPass, emailed ETS
- Meeting with Doug Dawson
- Finish the how the SU works document
- HCAG with Zach
- Infolink, proposal finalized

f) General Manager

- Strategic plan
- AMICCUS
- PAW
- I have three main focuses this week. They are AREC, budget process mapped out for the end of the month, and talking with management about transition

11. CLOSED SESSION:

12. ADJOURNMENT: Meeting adjourned at 12:56 pm.