

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

2011-2012 #13

July 5, 2011

2:00 pm

ATTENDANCE:	Andy Cheema	<i>Vice President (Operations & Finance)</i>
	Emerson Csorba	<i>Vice President (Academic)</i>
	Colten Yamagishi	<i>Vice President (Student Life)</i>
	Farid Iskandar	<i>Vice President (External)</i>
	Zdena Fiala	<i>Admin Assistant to the Executives</i>
REGRETS:	Rory Tighe	<i>President</i>
	Marc Dumouchel	<i>General Manager</i>
ABSENT:	n/a	

1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by CHEEMA 2:06 pm.
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: YAMAGISHI/CSORBA MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve the July 5, 2011 agenda as tabled.
4/0/0 CARRIED
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: CSORBA/CHEEMA MOVED to table approval of June 23, 2011 minutes until July 5, 2011.
4/0/0 CARRIED
4. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Iskandar: I will be bringing GOTV budget and discussion to the next meeting and I will be presenting on it to council next Tuesday.
5. ACTION ITEMS: Reviewed and updated.
6. STUDENTS' COUNCIL: Cheema: The next Students' Council meeting will be on July 12. There will be presentations on goals, health assessment, and GOTV.
7. OLD BUSINESS: n/a
8. NEW BUSINESS:
 - a) Poster Archival Project Cheema: We have approved \$1850.00 for Zach in the elections office so far. He had also asked for money for archival posters. There are approximately one hundred and fifty posters. He would like to preserve the history of the Students' Union elections.

Cheema read the motion passed at last years Executive Committee by Dehod and Murphy.

Csorba: So there is no time limit on the \$5000.00?

Cheema: It seems like it was left open.

Iskandar: The motion says it is for the SU not just 2-900. It does cut the money in half for this.

Yamagishi: I think it is a good idea to do this for the elections office.

Csorba: It is an important initiative.

Cheema: This elections project is a suitable way to spend this money.

Csorba: How much money do we get for projects allocation each year?

Cheema: \$50,000.00

Csorba: How much has been spent so far?

Cheema: Not much.

Iskandar: This money will be spent from last years projects allocation right?

Cheema: Yes. Is there any further discussion about this?

ISKANDAR/CHEEMA MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve an expenditure not to exceed \$2250.00 from the 2010/2011 projects allocation for the purpose of archiving elections posters.

4/0/0 CARRIED

9. DISCUSSION PERIOD:

- a) Revised delegate cabinet agreement and issue migration procedure

Csorba: This issue of the delegate cabinet has been brought up at exec before. I would like to get a consensus on what we should do. If delegates attend committee meetings for us there should be a contract that they will represent us to the best of their ability. I have met with Amanda and we have made a few changes to the agreement.

Csorba went over the changes to the agreement with the Executive Committee.

Cheema: I have not had a chance to look this over yet. Bylaw 3000 states that either the President or the Vice President Operations & Finance need to sign all contracts. There will be a few issues if this is interpreted as a contract. I am not sure how we should manage this. I do not think it should be a contract.

Iskandar: I may be wrong but calling it an agreement could help skip the audit thing.

Cheema: Emerson could you reach out to Amanda to discuss this further. Do we need to pass a motion?

b) Theme Friday

Csorba: No we do not need to pass a motion. I just wanted to discuss it.

Yamagishi: What theme do you guys want? Plaid or a funny shirt?

Iskandar: No Tighe Friday.

Yamagishi: We could wear stripes.

Csorba: What about hipster day?

Yamagishi: No.

Iskandar: We should do something that is easily removable.

Yamagishi: We will have Tighe Day Friday.

Csorba: We should try to include services.

Yamagishi: I will send out an email to all users.

c) Goals

Cheema: We need to have our final goals document ready for council. Have you sent them to Justin to be looked over yet?

Executive Committee: No.

Iskandar: I will be done it by Wednesday.

Cheema: I will be working on mine tonight and then meeting with Marc tomorrow. I will let you guys know how to do it if you need help.

d) Management Retreat

Cheema: There is a management meeting on Thursday.

Iskandar: I will try to attend for a while but I have to go downtown.

Cheema: I just wanted to remind you to bring three to five goals to the meeting.

Iskandar: I will be able to make it to the beginning of the meeting.

e) Awards

Cheema: I have been working with GAC and SFAIC on doubling the number of awards that are given out. We will be creating some new awards as well. If you have any ideas you can come to Colten or myself.

Iskandar: Do we have an award for international students?

Cheema: Yes we do.

Csorba: How does this affect the access fund?

Cheema: It doesn't.

Csorba: Does it affect the awards committee?

Cheema: There is no awards committee anymore. Also, there will be a GAC meeting tonight that will also be a chance for you to give your opinion.

Iskandar: I will think about it.

f) SU Council video

Iskandar: Colten and I have been having meetings with some of the services as well as the CRO to discuss ways to improve voter turnout. There was an idea about having a few short videos encouraging voting. We thought of having a few highlights from the council meetings in the videos. I wanted to know what you guys think of this?

Cheema: If you do clips from council someone will need to film it and you will need the councilors consent to be taped.

Iskandar: I will think about it.

Yamagishi: We thought about live streaming the meetings on SUTV or on the website.

Csorba: That is hard to do from a practical standpoint.

Iskandar: We are just looking for ways to get people involved.

Cheema: You had a good idea, better than live streaming the meetings.

Csorba: We should do something sooner than later to get in people's heads.

10. REPORTS:

- | | |
|----------------------------|-------|
| a) President | • n/a |
| b) VP Academic | • n/a |
| c) VP External | • n/a |
| d) VP Operations & Finance | • n/a |
| e) VP Student Life | • n/a |
| f) General Manager | • n/a |

11. CLOSED SESSION:

12. ADJOURNMENT: Meeting adjourned at 2:55 pm.