

## EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

2011-2012 #11

June 21, 2011

2:00 pm

ATTENDANCE:	Rory Tighe	<i>President</i>
	Emerson Csorba	<i>Vice President (Academic)</i>
	Colten Yamagishi	<i>Vice President (Student Life)</i>
	Farid Iskandar	<i>Vice President (External)</i>
	Marc Dumouchel	<i>General Manager</i>
	Zdena Fiala	<i>Admin Assistant to the Executives</i>
REGRETS:	Andy Cheema	<i>Vice President (Operations &amp; Finance)</i>
ABSENT:	n/a	

1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by TIGHE 1:20 pm.
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: YAMAGISHI/CSORBA MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve the June 21, 2011 agenda as tabled.  
**4/0/0 CARRIED**
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: TIGHE/ISKANDAR MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve the June 16, 2011 minutes as tabled.  
**4/0/0 CARRIED**
4. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Tighe: Did everyone send in there goal headings?  
  
All Exec: Yes.  
  
Tighe: I would like to have Zdena send out motions we pass in Exec because people are not getting the information.  
  
Emerson: I am creating a corporate team and campus rec teams where we could play soccer or join other sports leagues on campus. Also, I think we should make more effort for social Fridays.  
  
Dumouchel: Starting in two weeks I will only be in two days a week just for two weeks.
5. ACTION ITEMS: Reviewed and updated.
6. STUDENTS' COUNCIL: Csorba: Policy Committee went well.  
  
Tighe: Colten's idea for two documents was good. They should continue that next year. Did you guys think that was a better way to do it?  
  
Iskandar: Yes, but it is annoying.

Tighe: Did you all see the email from Kim? Do you like it?

Iskandar: No, I don't like it.

Csorba: I haven't read it.

Tighe: I don't like it either.

Iskandar: Basically they want to create a sub committee of CAC.

The Executive Committee discussed the email they received from Kim Ferguson.

Tighe: I will not be attending the next Students' Council meeting and if you will not be here either see if you can skype in.

7. OLD BUSINESS:

n/a

8. NEW BUSINESS:

a) Leaders Hall Conference Request

Yamagishi: I have looked into this and it is really expensive. It is a good idea to send somebody. However it is this Sunday to Wednesday. Basically the Leaders Hall Committee put the conference together. It is a good opportunity for me to talk with people in similar positions and represent the SU.

Yamagishi went over the conference costs.

Dumouchel: How much exactly is this request for?

Yamagishi: Let me check. What do you guys think about me going?

Tighe: No one has gone for three years. It might be a good idea for you to go. We could get a report from you when we get back. Are we okay to vote on this?

Executive Committee: Yes.

Csorba: It does seem expensive for a conference in Calgary.

Tighe: Yes, it does.

CSORBA/ISKANDAR MOVED THAT the Executive Committee approve a budgeted expense not to exceed \$1300.00 for the Vice President Student Life Colten Yamagishi for the purpose of attending the Leaders Hall Conference from June 26-29, 2011 in Calgary, Alberta.

**4/0/0 CARRIED**

b) CASA Conference Request

Iskandar: This conference is for Rory, Justin and myself. At CASA we will be voting on the Chair and the secretary. It is worthy for the DRPA to attend. As for the costs these are estimates for if we book the flights now.

Iskandar went over the conference costs.

Tighe: I think you should bring this back to exec on Thursday after you have made the changes to it.

c) Global Youth Assembly

Tighe: Did you all get the email I sent out? We were thinking of giving them internal rates for the spaces they have booked. Andy is working on discount cards for the week they are here.

Iskandar: Is there going to be a policy for this after?

Tighe: There is one.

Dumouchel: This might not fall under sponsorship. I do not think that we completed the policy last year.

Csorba: I think we should give them the internal rate but not discounts on food.

Iskandar: I think we should leave the food decision to Andy.

Tighe: Andy said he is fine making the decision about the food.

Yamagishi: If we give them a discount card it will generate revenue.

9. DISCUSSION PERIOD:

a) CRO Request

Tighe: We will bring this back next week since we are running out of time today. Zach has asked for a few things. Lockable storage cabinets, one for the CRO and one for the DRO, office chairs, and he would like to have a laminated book full of past election posters.

Dumouchel: The total for this stuff is \$4100.00.

Tighe: we will vote on this next week.

b) Goals Presentation

Tighe: I will send out the format for this. I think we should just decide on a constant format. Please come back with feedback for this next week.

c) Council invite to Services Christmas Party and No-Talent Show

Yamagishi: Kim thinks we should invite councillors to our Christmas party and the no talent show.

Csorba: The no talent show is open to the public.

Dumouchel: You should ask Jane or Johanna.

Tighe: I do not think we should invite them to the Christmas party since it is a staff thing. It is for us to show them appreciation for the work they do.

Yamagishi: Kim thinks that council and services are disconnected.

Iskandar: That is a bad reason.

Csorba: Not to the Christmas party and the no talent show is open to the public.

Tighe: I think we should offer the councilors a tour of SUB if they feel disconnected from the services.

d) Infolink Name Change

Yamagishi: The names we have come up with are Infolink+: Your Questions Answered, Infolink+: You Got Questions, We've Got Answers, Campus Connection Centre: Same Taglines, Connect SU: Campus Information.

The Executive Committee discussed the Infolink name change ideas and recommended Infolink+ Your Campus Connection.

Yamagishi: I will talk to Andy and Hallie and then bring it back.

10. REPORTS:

- |                            |       |
|----------------------------|-------|
| a) President               | • n/a |
| b) VP Academic             | • n/a |
| c) VP External             | • n/a |
| d) VP Operations & Finance | • n/a |
| e) VP Student Life         | • n/a |
| f) General Manager         | • n/a |

11. CLOSED SESSION:

12. ADJOURNMENT: Meeting adjourned at 3:35 pm.